Fearless Kids

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Fearless Kids

Post by C-Fan » 16 Apr 2012 06:26

I first hit 10 unique fearless back in January of 2007. 5 years later, I wondered if I could do it again. Since I have a camera now, I challenged myself to get 10 unique fearless on video. Here are the results, plus a few other clips mixed in for visual variety.

Please watch in HD, as the quality is a lot better:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4N28lKBt88[/youtube]

Vimeo link in case it's blocked in your area.

As always, comments appreciated.
Last edited by C-Fan on 28 Feb 2013 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 16 Apr 2012 10:56

Sick...! there are some really sweet link into it. and it's always a BLAST to see ppl being stock about what they hit... Props man... you have played that game for som long :O! That's a good result for allt he effort you put :D!

P.S. I know it's the same comment that you have on FB, but it's always fun to be able to read them again after a while, that's why i post it here too :)!

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 16 Apr 2012 13:58

Sick stuff ken. I like how almost every combo ends on pdx torque. I still can't hit 3 fearless so this is really impressive to me.
Drew Martin

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 16 Apr 2012 17:54

Sweet Ken!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 Apr 2012 23:15

Super inspirational.
You're a hack icon, Ken.
Aren't you at, or almost at, the number of years where you can be nominated for FHOF? Keep pushing! It's especially inspirational for us other "older" players to still be able to bust after so many years. I can't wait to see what you achieve next!

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 17 Apr 2012 07:47

Impressive as always. Everything that Erik said.

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 17 Apr 2012 19:23

Only 4 comments so far? Really... Many views; 4 comments... That's depressing :S. Ken put lots of effort in that video, that's obvious.I personnaly thinks he deserve more props for this one... Like Mads deserve more props for his vids.

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 17 Apr 2012 20:18

Can't imagine all the work you must have done over the years to be able to make this vid. Amazing. Time 2 Jam was the first footbag vid I ever owned and you were a high level player then. That's on VHS for all the newbies. It's amazing to think that after all these years you still keep up with the level of the game. Only a few can manage such a feat (Lon Smith, Peter Irish, ect.) All your vid's have been a great inspiration for me being 27 with a body that doesn't like to cooperate. It's proof that you can improve in this game even into your thirties. It gives me hope that I still have the time to get good. Thanks for that. Now lets see 15. :wink:

@MathieuGM, I'm guilty of being one of those guys that doesn't post a comment on vid's that often. I don't know why other than it's hard to find something to say that others haven't already said. I suppose a little redundancy isn't the worst thing though. Thanks for calling everyone out. I agree that the makers of the videos don't get nearly enough credit for the joy they give to everyone in the community. I'll try to post more when I feel I should.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 18 Apr 2012 15:59

After watching again, the sick 3 of shooting butter > blurry torque > in-mobius was really awesome (in addition to everything else)!
John Goode

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 20 Apr 2012 05:16

the first time i heard that song was at GRASS 2010 in the RIT gym, so good memories with that tune, good choice ken.

Loved the vid and cool to see you on the flailing swirling bandwagon with the rest of the cool kids.

please don't die at worlds.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Mr. Mushies
Circle Kicker

Post by Mr. Mushies » 20 Apr 2012 17:24

Nice music and great video!

It made me want to shred, but I'm already 8 beers deep. I guess I'm looking at a hangover shred tomorrow.
Dave Soderberg

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 27 Apr 2012 13:32

Thanks everybody for taking the time to comment. I had a lot of technical problems when I edited this, and the shred itself also took a lot of time and effort to get, so it was satisfying to finally finish this project and get a video out.

A few responses/thoughts:

:arrow: I got a couple nice comments on the in-mobius. That sick 3 was inspired by Mark Monistere, who hit in-mobius recently. While I had hit in-mobius before, I had never put it in a hard link. So that inspired me to put it in this sick 3.

:arrow: The run starting with legbreaker-bs blur was inspired by Justin Dale’s first ten fearless combo. I saw his and thought: “bs blur looks cool in a fearless string,” so I resolved to put it in one.

:arrow: All of the combos in the video were planned out, except for the one starting with jani-blurriest. I was just going for that link, and then I kept going. When I handcaught, I wasn’t sure if I made it to ten or not, but was stoked to check the film and find out I had.

:arrow: The flailing swirling ss dlo was inspired by John Goode and Mark M. They kept going back and forth hitting stuff with that set, so I went out and gave it a try. I found it to be a lot of fun, so I pushed myself and hit this trick during my second session with the set. John and Mark hadn’t hit it before…is this an invention?

:arrow: Phil Morrison’s fearless video is indirectly responsible for this video. After I watched his, I didn’t plan on making any videos at all, but I was inspired to try and get 10 fearless again. After I got one clip on tape, I decided to go for a couple more. Once I got to five, I planned on making a short video, but decided all my combos were too similar (all started with ewalk), so I forced myself to hit a few more with a bit more variety. Once I got to 12, I decided to make a video.

Similar to my beast video, I’m probably going to lay off 10 fearless for a while, now that I've made a video. That said, it was a fun challenge and I’m happy to have a video of my results for posterity. Thank you again for watching, and extra thanks to those who commented.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 29 Apr 2012 20:30

sick! enjoyed watching you bust. was disappointed not to see any pre-pubescent kids going fearless though.
A.G.