Flip incorporation

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Flip incorporation

Post by BainbridgeShred » 17 Jan 2005 14:36

This is something I've lightly pondered for a long time now. I was wondering if anyone has or thinks flips could be incorporated into shred. I realize it would be very difficult, but I'm sure we have some real acrobats here who can bust flips pretty easily. I guess it seems reasonable to me as I tend to put it in the game genre as say ducking or spinning.

Anyways, do you guys think it could be thrown in?

Tuukka
BSOS Beast

Post by Tuukka » 17 Jan 2005 14:50

if you can, go ahead. For me it sounds too dangerous to move your legs in dexes same time as jumping a flip. Sounds like I will be laying on the ground or laying in the hospital with a broken ankle.
-Tuukka Antikainen

dblthnk84
the Bum

Post by dblthnk84 » 17 Jan 2005 14:53

I remember hearing that some people have done some simple tricks with backflips, but yeah- it is possible. Go for it and post some vids. :)

I remember a topic at flipsider about a backflip lap stall... :) That hurt, and I never did land it. Probably would have helped if I could do a backflip.
________
ultimate fighter
Last edited by dblthnk84 on 07 Feb 2011 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Shredfish
Shredaholic

Post by Shredfish » 17 Jan 2005 19:39

Unless I see a video of someone incorporating a flip with an actual trick (not just flip> stall) then i'd say flipping would be more along the lines a gymnastics not footbag.
Jeremy Smith - Knoxville, TN

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 17 Jan 2005 23:23

i've seen a guy do a back filpping pass. i'm sure with some practice you could set, backflip, land, butterfly, or something to that extent.
A.G.

Virppa
Shredaholic

Post by Virppa » 18 Jan 2005 12:17

I could try someday when I´m feeling selfdestructive. :lol:
Think about street and if you could somehow do a flip from wall and then do something after it. That would be even more cooler. Though don´t know how anyone could set it...
Antti Virolainen

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 18 Jan 2005 12:25

I think it'd be cool, but maybe we should just leave the two seperate, at the same time it is always fun to see people doing crazy stuff with footbag. I'd love to see something like set>flip>butterfly but if I never see it I won't be disapointed.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 09 Apr 2005 11:04

think about how crazy it would be if you could dex the bag whilst doing a backflip. a pixie backflipping eggbeating osis. man, what a pipe dream move that would be :lol:
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 09 Apr 2005 12:52

I may have been halucinating but I think I saw a vid at monsterhack that had a guy do a flip...
Luke Andrews

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Apr 2005 13:01

Someone(?) did a cartwheeling pendulum in the trailer for Jeremy Benton's Sunday in the Fort. That's kind of similar...

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 09 Apr 2005 14:54

On Just Shred 2 Chris Pinkus incorporates a quick into his shred. That was pretty cool. No dexes or anything, just a stall and a flip. I love that part.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 20 Apr 2005 18:51

Im sure it can be done. there are people who can bust out flips and backflips like nothing. if only they could land clipper stalls real well, they could set it high, spot and flip quick and catch it in a clipper again
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 21 Nov 2007 21:46

Years down the road... hahaha

I dug this one up from a long time back!

I have been doing lots of gymnastic stuff and I am intending on getting into footbag with flips, I will let you know how it goes! :D
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 21 Nov 2007 23:25

Go Tom! You can do it!
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 22 Nov 2007 04:41

I went to school with the Australian break dance champion (or he'd one titles at nationals, I don't really know how it works). He would play footbag a little, and bust out mad break dance moves, but could barely stall, so there was very little footbag skill involved. It was just like what people are talking about; Kick the bag up, do a flip, kick or stall it again. I'm sure you could do crazy stuff if you were good at both, but it's not something I'm that interested in.

This guy at school, I once saw do a double backflip off a wall. Admittedly the wall was on a big slope, so you could come at from an angle and then give yourself a lot more time than on flat ground, but it was still the most insane gymnastics act I've seen in real life (not that I've seen that much gymnastic stuff outside of youtube). Felt like sharing :)

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 23 Nov 2007 04:11

Wow, double back flip... that is coooool.

Footbag? Backflips? My natural reaction is aversion. I suppose it's no different to spinning really, but It seems too much like a gimmick. If you could do actual tricks whilst doing it I would give you mad respect.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 23 Nov 2007 07:46

Yeah, the plan is to try to make a whole new acrobatic form of shred involving air and flips in conjunction with spins and other pre-existing concepts.

I also hope to learn wall-flips, but that's not really related.

My first goal once I have back tucks is a full stalling back tuck. Yeow!
Tom Mosher

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 04 Dec 2007 18:00

I'd recommend getting in touch with some capoeira dudes (capoeirans?). The amount of control and different types of flips and spins involved could probably be adapted if you had the skills, and given its Brazilian many would have good foot skills too.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 05 Dec 2007 06:15

dyalander wrote:I'd recommend getting in touch with some capoeira dudes (capoeirans?). The amount of control and different types of flips and spins involved could probably be adapted if you had the skills, and given its Brazilian many would have good foot skills too.

I agree that capoeira style moves could probably have a footbag incorporated into them, however I've never really liked capoeira.

Something about it just doesn't do it for me.

I posted in my blog but not here, at gymnastics class this past friday I was alllllmost hitting toe stalling backflip on this tight trampoline. (as in I keep the bag on my toe the whole time) I just kept messing up the catch, I need to learn to land my backflips on one foot.

Definitely possible!! :D
Tom Mosher

Eskimo Joe
Cold Blooded

Post by Eskimo Joe » 05 Dec 2007 13:07

I remember hearing a few years ago that someone in Victoria pulled a front flip while doing a pendulum. But they did not release.

So, start a pendulum and then front flip and keep the bag on your foot, land, TA-DA!

Sounds doable for people who can flip.
Eskimo Joe