Dragon [poll: are they worth doing?]

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

are dragons worth doing?

yeah, totally
58%
stick w/ clippers
42%

Total votes: 33

brinard
Flower Child

Dragon [poll: are they worth doing?]

Post by brinard » 29 Jan 2006 20:25

okay...so i just saw a dragon done by these two freestylers at mtsu...so i can hit it 1 in 25... or so... i was wondering... is there a certain way to bend your knees and body to make the stalling surface alittle cleaner... what about setting to the dragon... i cant just self serve it, i gotta do it from toe...
btw... this is such a weird trick to me... i heard it was an outside xbdy delay, but i had no fathomable image or how to bend legs... so a vid might be helpful.. is it just that rare of a trick? what about if you sub dragons for clippers.. new names of tricks or new tricks completely?like a butterfly w/ dragon... dragonfly? or does it have a name?

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 29 Jan 2006 23:13

Me and my friend pat do dragons, they rock. pat can do a dragon swirl 8O

check this vid out http://www.philly-footworks.com/Chilly_JonPushups.avi

keep going with the dragons :D

jake
BSOS Beast

Post by jake » 29 Jan 2006 23:28

tight vid
Jake Marmon - Gresham Oregon
15-years old
yeah

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 30 Jan 2006 07:02

man that was some sick stuff, how long did it take for you guys to get to do those really good???
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 30 Jan 2006 08:21

They are totally WORTH doing.

One of the most stylish things I have seen . . . Jon Schnieder is awesome at them.
The thing is they take some really crazy flexibility, something i don't have. I think that if i stretched long enough i could do them, but I don't think it's necessary for me to do them.

If you can do them then do them, and if you can't and you don't mind not being to, then don't do them. Easy. If you can't do them and want to, then LEARN IT!!!!

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 30 Jan 2006 21:35

Because the sport is so vast with so many moves, each path of footbag is different. Chris Balch does lots of pendulous and backside and rake stuff, and he goes after that. Other people get enchanted with dragons and go for it. I don't think for my game right now I could go for dragons. I tried them one day, and although they were a lot of fun, (I hit firefly and it really was a neat move) I think it messed up my clipper a little briefly. Everyone's different though, and some people just love dragons. They sure are awesome to watch!
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 30 Jan 2006 23:55

Every trick is worth doing. Popular easy moves are nowhere near as rewarding as low-add mindfucks. :wink:

Don't let conformity hinder your creativity. Just do what feels right.

JM

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 31 Jan 2006 07:00

hell yea, dont conform to be cool, do what you know you can and try to go big.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 02 Feb 2006 12:47

It does have a little to do with flexibility, but I think its possible for anyone to do them. Saying some is not possible for you to do is not a very healthy outlook on life.

So I was taught by jon schneider how to do them and I remember him really emphasizing that you need to bend your support leg and arch your back. I try to arch my back as much as possible. You'll have to bend your support leg depending on how flexible you are.

I don't find it to be much like clipper either, you can't just grab like you can with your insole. I find I have to really finesse it more, and freeze the stall a whole lot.

Hope this helps
Tom Stepek