Sick 10 Novice Battle!!

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

What's down?

No uptime
15%
At least five 2 adds (majority)
26%
At least five 2 adds (majority)
26%
Anything less than guiltless
33%

Total votes: 27

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Sick 10 Novice Battle!!

Post by Bander87 » 24 Jan 2006 17:45

Well, I was talking with Troy the other day and found out he submitted a sick 15, but unfortunately, sick 15 has been canceled. I was hoping to enter sick 15 because my strings have improved tremendously lately. Basically, me and Troy would have been competing against each other in the sick 15 because we are both novice. We have both decided that a sick 10 novice battle will be taking place.

Sick 10 Novice Battle
-10 contacts
-No editing that's noticeable (lighting and such is fine for better viewing, but no text, music, slow-motion...)
-Videos will be individually hosted. Putfile, fizzied.phasing.org, or find a friend if you don’t have an uploading home :)
-Only tiltless level please. You can have 3’s and 4’s, but you must be considered a tiltless player.
-DUE FEBRUARY 14TH! Easy day to remember.

Send me your name, location (city/state/country), string, and video to me by email (bander87 at gmail dot com) so I can organize it into one post when we are all ready!

Please note: This is NOT associated with the sick 1 and 3 events, so please don’t go bugging Nic. :)

Thanks.
Last edited by Bander87 on 26 Jan 2006 20:53, edited 4 times in total.

Troyson
Fearless

Post by Troyson » 24 Jan 2006 17:52

as you can see from above...i am in....BRING IT ON!!!! :twisted:

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 24 Jan 2006 19:01

I won't win, but I think I'll get in on this, I'm trying to do the Novice Sick 1 and 3 for the January thing with Nic, but my cameras messing up, hopefully it'll be fixed before Feb. 14.
Danny P.

David Morawski
BSOS Beast

Post by David Morawski » 24 Jan 2006 19:39

Siiick. I'm down. It'd be nice if no one used Putfile...but that might be asking too much.
Invictus.
Footblog // Challenges

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 24 Jan 2006 20:09

Yeah, it would be nice. Maybe somebody could hook us up, if its not asking too much :o

David Morawski
BSOS Beast

Post by David Morawski » 24 Jan 2006 22:33

If you guys make them accessible to me, I'd be more than happy to edit them appropriately, grouping it into one video and hosting it.

Lemme know what you think. Maybe they'd be better off in separate videos, but I dunno.
Invictus.
Footblog // Challenges

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 24 Jan 2006 22:34

Great idea guys :D It's awesome to see some other people organising some competitions!

May I sugest that if people don't have hosting for their videos then they could send them to Ben through his gmail and he can host them? You have a footbag.org account Ben?

Can't wait to see it :D

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

prepare to get shredded

Post by funklovesfootbag » 24 Jan 2006 22:40

im in. :D

*edit* uh, so i thought about what i wanted to enter, is it ok if it's all 3's?
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*
(and basically freestyle.)

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 24 Jan 2006 22:47

i think the point is:
1) are you a tiltless player? If you're guiltless, dont enter novice.
2) If you're tiltless, are you breaking the rules by trying hard tricks? No.

Thus, if you are tiltless, but you think you can put together 10 3s, enter that string. If you can hit 10 3s conststently, then obviously you dont belong in the tiltless category and you're a sandbagging mothah f-ckah.

the game ends when you decide and we both drink . . .
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Jan 2006 22:49

I'm in. If I can get access to a camera between now and then, and find a place to host.

And hit 10 tricks in a row. :oops:

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 25 Jan 2006 03:40

Acuatly I might as well get a .org account.

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 25 Jan 2006 03:51

sen wrote:I'm in. If I can get access to a camera between now and then, and find a place to host.

And hit 10 tricks in a row. :oops:
A toe bail or two is fine.

Troyson
Fearless

Post by Troyson » 25 Jan 2006 11:49

i think that it should be primarily 2's and 3's...if someone enters 10 3's then I think it kinda ruins the point of it, because there are gonna be alot of people that can barely do any 3's at all.

:idea: This is just an idea, and i dont know how many people would want it, but i say no uptime sets besides toe,inside and clipper. That way the only 3's people do are like butterflies or whirls, or 2's with ducking and spinning. If there are people doing pixie sets, atomic sets etc, it makes it much easier to do difficult tricks, and the people with no uptime sets will easily lose. I think this would be a great way to limit the difficulty and make for a better competition. I really like this idea, give some feedback on what you think.

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

Post by funklovesfootbag » 25 Jan 2006 12:03

Definitely agree with you on no stepping atomic pixie sets etc., maybe we should set a limit on the amount of 3's that can be used? maybe three 3's tops would be good..?
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 25 Jan 2006 12:29

I'm happy with no uptime!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 25 Jan 2006 12:32

What about a trick like Pixie Kneebump or Pixie and Fairy Opp Toe? There are uptime components but Pixie Opp Toe are easier for me than Pickup?

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 25 Jan 2006 14:29

Hmm... this seems to be getting complicated. I was originally expecting something simple like the tripod battles. The main idea of this competition is to push string length, considering that 10 contacts may be a great number for some of the lower end tiltless players.

Its hard to set limits here. What if someone can hit pixie legover midstring? Should that move not be included in the string? I personaly think that would be fine in include it as long as they don't do it all over the place.

I really don't know what kind of cap we should have except for only tiltless players; those who normaly play tiltless.

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

Post by funklovesfootbag » 25 Jan 2006 14:50

I really don't know what kind of cap we should have except for only tiltless players; those who normaly play tiltless.
that keeps it simple. first one will be more trial and error, if someone feels like it was unfair they can say so afterwards and we can adjust accordingly for next time.
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*

Troyson
Fearless

Post by Troyson » 25 Jan 2006 14:55

Asmus wrote:What about a trick like Pixie Kneebump or Pixie and Fairy Opp Toe? There are uptime components but Pixie Opp Toe are easier for me than Pickup?
those examples are fine...normal pixies and faries are 2 add tricks, so those would be good to use, but if you did a 2nd dex after the pixie set, then that would not be allowed.However, If you did pixie knee bump>mirage, i think that should be counted as 3 contacts i.e. pixie>knee>mirage.
Hmm... this seems to be getting complicated. I was originally expecting something simple like the tripod battles.
its really not that complicated...your thinking about it too much. No uptime just means no tricks like pixie legover, or stepping pickup, or atomic mirage etc., but tricks like spinning legover, or ducking clipper would be acceptable.

By making no uptime sets it puts a limit on the skill level allowed in the competition. It makes it so that people dont have entrys like plo>smear>smudge>dimwalk>stepping legover>fairy pickup>mirage>legover>atomic legover>spinning clipper...in that example it is basically using all uptime components with one or two normal 2s. By making it so that there are no sets like that being used it will make for a better, more competitive competition. It will also force people to become more creative by taking away tricks that may be easy for some people.

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 25 Jan 2006 15:19

I was thinking about doing something to the likes of Osis > Toe Stall > Butterfly > SS Pickup> Legover > Legover > Pixie Legover > Legover > Dimwalk > Clipper. This isn't a string I can hit consistantly. It would be extremely hard for me but I think I could probably do it by Feb. 14. Would this type of string be okay...?
Danny P.